The Control Systems Engineer performs hands-on troubleshooting and design in support of Production and Development Projects. The position provides industrial control systems support for all of Wavefront. The applicant must have experience with the operation, diagnosing problems, and maintenance of PLC-based industrial manufacturing equipment. Must also be a good problem solver, able to work on multiple time-sensitive projects, be detailed oriented, and have good documentation and communication skills. Successful completion of drug screen and background check will be required.
- Troubleshoot & correct control process problems in high volume manufacturing/industrial systems
- Install & commission industrial control systems
- Work with AC & DC drives & controls on roll-to-roll film equipment
- Work with Process Control personnel to develop and troubleshoot process control procedures
- Assist the Production Department by troubleshooting/fixing electronics on embossing equipment
- Obtain component information using online search engines and calling manufacturers.
- Work on multiple projects at a time
- Diagnose and locate drive, circuit, and equipment failures using test equipment, schematics, technical manuals and manufacturer recommendations
- Calibrate electrical or electronic equipment and instruments
- demonstrable hands-on experience building or troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity with VFD or DC motors and drives, 0.5 to 10 hp
- Familiarity with Parker SSD Drives
- PLC experience (AB, Siemens, Modicon), writing ladder logic and custom code
- Experience with HMIs, WonderWare, PanelView and Parker's DSE
- Networking experience including - EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, FireWire
- Good communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Proficient with on-line searching, Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- 3-years experience successfully managing projects with teams of 1 to 2 engineers or technicians
- Safely and comfortably work with 480VAC systems
- Must have good mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Skilled with multimeters, soldering irons, oscilloscopes, power supplies and other test equipment.
- Able to solder, troubleshoot electronic circuits down to component level, create schematics, and read mechanical assembly drawings.